I just thought I would give a little update on some exciting things happening right now. First off, I am getting a promotion and a raise at work. The managing partner (who is SUCH a great guy) decided to transition me from receptionist to legal assistant after the Legislative session is over. There is 1 assistant for 5 attorneys right now, and it's too much for her, so he decided to move me up. It will take a few months for me to completely transition over, since I have a lot to learn, but eventually I will be the assistant for 1 or 2 lawyers. I was a bit hesitant to take it as I don't want to stay in this job forever and I still have goals I want to accomplish, but my boss assured me that when it's time for me to leave, they'll miss me but they'll support me. So that was a relief. It's kind of nice knowing what I'll be doing for a year or so and the firm is so supportive and such a tight knit group that I think perhaps this is the best place for me right now.
Second piece of exciting news is that I recently found an apartment to rent and I move in May 1. It's actually more like a large bedroom, but it works out really well because it is above Frank and Bonnie's garage so I'm still close to Mom and Dad. I think it will be a good transitional place for me. Plus it's got a GREAT view of the mountains and I get to use the hot tub! I was hoping to post some pictures of it, but maybe I'll do that later.
Other than that, things are going pretty well. I'm getting to know more people, making new friends, and generally feeling pretty good overall. It kind of freaks me out that things are going so well! :) Joey came up for the weekend but I didn't get to see him much. It was a pretty busy weekend for me, but at least he got to play with Tyson and Charlie. Anyhoo, that's my update. Can't wait to see you all this summer!
Congrats on both things Molls! I think it is awesome that your boss shows such faith in you! You will do great! I can't wait to see the new digs. :)
ReplyDeletecongrats, lady! nice to hear you're gitting your own digs. wonder how long it will take you to get used sleeping with no baby or snoring sounds. :)
ReplyDeleteWe are happy that Molly is getting her own place but we will miss having her around. Just as we get used to having kids here, they leave. Ah - such is life. It will be nice having her close and it is a GREAT transition place for her. We are proud of you Molly on many levels, so just add these to the list!!!
ReplyDelete