Hola mi familia! I hope everyone is starting out there summer well! It's been SUPER rainy here and I'm really hoping the sun decides to come out and stay out soon! I am very excited to have the Buyske crew here in town. Everyone will be here! Except for Jen, but she gets to live in Guam, so I don't feel too bad. ;) Anyhoo, yesterday I ran the Governor's Cup. I ran in the 5k race and was pretty proud of myself. I convinced half of our office to run in either the 5k or the 1 mile fun run. The rain decided to take a break and the sun came out. It was a really beautiful day and a fun race! I never thought I would have fun running, but I guess miracles do happen. I finished in about 25:15, so it's not too shabby for my first race. Who knows, maybe I'll do another. Here are some pictures from the event.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
I think I can...I think I can...
Hola mi familia! I hope everyone is starting out there summer well! It's been SUPER rainy here and I'm really hoping the sun decides to come out and stay out soon! I am very excited to have the Buyske crew here in town. Everyone will be here! Except for Jen, but she gets to live in Guam, so I don't feel too bad. ;) Anyhoo, yesterday I ran the Governor's Cup. I ran in the 5k race and was pretty proud of myself. I convinced half of our office to run in either the 5k or the 1 mile fun run. The rain decided to take a break and the sun came out. It was a really beautiful day and a fun race! I never thought I would have fun running, but I guess miracles do happen. I finished in about 25:15, so it's not too shabby for my first race. Who knows, maybe I'll do another. Here are some pictures from the event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dangit! Wrong form of their. Sorry! It's even one of my pet peeves...
ReplyDeleteI was gonna say...good thing you caught it. Kudos on the 5K. Maybe next year you can run the 5 mile in the Icebreaker, which would probably feel about the same as a 5K in Helena.
ReplyDeleteWe are pretty darn proud of you Molly. You stuck with Jen's workout and made it through. You posted a GREAT time and that is awesome. No stomach ache right? Great job!
ReplyDeleteSo official time was 24:53. I took 7th out of 104 in my age division (19-29) and 89th out of 1,237 overall.
ReplyDelete