Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Sweet Callings of the Windy City




I figure it had been a little while since anyone posted on here and thought I would update you all...again. I've been doing a lot, A LOT of thinking lately (and talking with Des...and Meghan...and Jen...and Mom...and Dad) and I have decided to finally take the leap! I went online one day to just check out Second City and see if they offered any workshops and when I entered their homepage I could see the bright lights and hear the voices singing "Alleluia". I had hit the motherload. I could practically hear Second City calling to me, beckoning me to come play with them. So I emailed Des and found out that there's a weekend in October that works for them and I don't have work one of those days so I told Des I was coming out. I just booked the ticket tonight. Pretty excited! It will be Oct 7-11 and I think I'll get to go to a ND game! Or at least be on campus. Pretty sweet since I've never even been there during a game. Then I saw that Second City offers 3-day intensives. I wanted to do a writing/improv one but they didn't really have any dates that worked for me. So I found an improv one in April that I will be going to. I'm already signed up for it. Again, pretty excited. And then the big leap...I set a move date. I will be moving to Chicago by June 1, 2012!! I wanted to move before my 25th birthday and figured if I didn't do it by then, I would always find an excuse not to. Des kindly offered up their apartment for me to stay at until I find a place of my own. I'll come back for a couple weeks at the end of July/beginning of August for Traci Tokerud's wedding and for Shannon's wedding. I am really, REALLY excited for this next step of my life and I thought I would share it with you all. Also, now that it's in writing, I can't go back. ;) Des has been really great and really supportive (as have all of you) and I truly appreciate it. YAY! I can't wait to see you all whenever I see you!! LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty sweet, Molls! Chicago is an amazing city with a pretty young crowd. All of the ND alum that go there and work absolutely love it! And of course Abe and Des are there. It will be quite an adventure. We love you and will be praying that the transition goes smoothly. Can't wait to hear about the October trip!

    Love you,
    Matt, Kelly, Will, Ben, Leo, and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are VERY proud of you for taking this big leap. It is especially "hard" in that you have found someone special in your life and that is hard to leave behind. I know that if it is meant to be you two will work it out. I am pretty darned jacked as I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Chicago but never have! This will be a good reason to go!

    ReplyDelete