Monday, July 9, 2012

Chicago Apt

It was told to me that since I have nothing but time on my hands, I should I put up some pictures of my apartment and the city. So...here goes. Of course, the pictures can only do so much. If you want to really get a feel for everything, come visit me!!
Up first is the kitchen. It really is this big...er, I mean, teeny tiny. No drawers, no counter space, plug ins in inconvenient places, but it has a gas range and oven, so I am loving that. And I do actually cook, so I'm already ahead of Mike.
The living room is comfy. We have the futon (so guests have a place to sleep!) and then Shane's Mom bought us the cushion for the papa san chair. I spend a lot of time on that futon watching movies or catching up on shows on Netflix.
This TV is Shane's pride and joy. And it is super nice. The shelves above it are displaying all the little sculptures I have. To the left of the TV is the little hallway that leads to the bathroom and bedroom.
This is our "dining room table", which I've never actually eaten at yet, and the closet to Narnia. Actually it's a coat/storage/pantry closet. It's pretty big. And then the bike Abe lent me so I can cruise along the really awesome bike path. But that will be moved to the bike room soon.
This is the small, but cozy, bathroom. It serves it's purpose.
And this is the bedroom. It has a small "walk-in" closet which is currently being taken over by my stuff. Once Shane moves in we'll have to do some adjusting. But it's a nice sized bedroom. So there you are. The "tour" of the apartment is complete. The neighborhood is really nice. We're 2 blocks from Broadway, which is a major street and has a lot of bars/restaurants/shops along it. We're also 2 blocks from the park, which is awesome. And we're about a 20 minute walk south of Abe and Des. To finish out this post, some images of Chicago. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool! You have done a great job at getting this little spot to look homey! Love the pictures of the skyline and the lake!! Great job, Molly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,

    You did a great job! Cozy (;{)) and comfy! I can see why you need an A/C or at least a bigger fan! Love, Dad :{)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to visit you when I am stateside!!! If Mike ends up in Great Lakes I am sure you will have his imprint on your futon by the time his tour is over :)

    See you soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete