1. Testing the waters to see if I actually figured out this whole blogging thing.
2. To satisfy Mike, who stated last night no one has posted anything to the Blog yet. ;)
3. To let everyone know how excited I am about Charlie's 1st Birthday!!! AHAHAHAH! I didn't send out invites to all the Aunts and Uncles so don't feel slighted. But - just so you all know the details - the theme is Alphabet Blocks with a slight "girly" feel to it. Despite Dad's usual orneriness about going all-out for a one-year-old party, I'm doing an Alphabet Block cake...decorations...possibly balloons. Then a cool "stamp project" for Ryan where people will take an alphabet block, stamp it, then use that letter for a word describing Charlie. I'm gathering them together in a little book and sending it to Ryan. :) Taco Soup is on the menu! Not really "block" themed but delicious - and Ryan's suggestion...which I think he's obsessed with.
So that's the update from here. No pictures since I'm posting this from work. Sorry Mike. I'll get some up soon.
Hope ya'll are doing well!
megs
I wanna join in the fun!! And poo to those who say you cannot go all out for a 1st bday. My boss just had his son's 1st bday party and it was a big bbq with families who live in his neighborhood. Also, here on Guam, 1st birthdays are HUGE! I mean, wedding party big. The tradition is that everyone brings money instead of gifts so that the family can start up the child's savings. The reason why the 1st birthday is so big is because historically children from the Chamorro culture wouldn't reach the age of 1, so when they did, it was believed that the child was going to be ok. Just thought y'all would like a little culture lesson :)
ReplyDeleteHope the party is a blast! I will be thinking of Charlie on her special day :) Love you!