Friday, March 9, 2012

Meanderings of 2115 Winne

Thought it was about time to send an update across the blog to ya'll. Plus Michael was bugging me about posting pictures ofthe kids and Ellie. So here's a low-down on the pics and what we've been up to:

Pic 1: This is our alley adventure. We discovered that our alley has the perfect slope for sledding, the kids can still hike back up the little hill, and Ellie enjoys running after us trying to stop us with her teeth on ourlegs. Awesome. We also had many adventures of her pulling the kids on the sleds (two is better than one - weight) and only a fewcrashes. Too bad there hasn't been more snow this year :(
Pic 2: Welcome Michael Ryan to the Schulte family! Molly had him the beginning of December and he is huge, quiet, and cuddly. My faves! This is a pic of Tyson getting to hold him for the first time. He was sooo good with him. Very cute. Charlie liked to brush his head but no holding yet.
Pic 3: This is the first pic of Charlie wearing big girl panties! This girl is a potty-training fool! Seriously so easy. I can't believe it. I'm waiting for it to all revert back, but so far so good. Only a few accidents (which end up being super cute because she waddles around like a duck then!).
Pic 4: A pic of Ellie at a high point on Mt Ascension. This is the first time I hiked with her, no idea where the trails went, we got turned around a few times, but it's become a regular adventure for us. Ryan and I are looking at moving closer to the mountain to make these hikes easier to start (in a couple years though).
Pic 5: Our new room!! Ryan was down in Georgia for a couple weeks doing some Captain's training so I got a wild hair and decided to paint our room and make an upholstered headboard - thanks to Pinterest (my new obsession). The fabric is funky but I like it. The walls are striped using a flat paint and a high gloss paint- same color. Molly was my super duper awesome helper and Mom and Dad kept the kids for a night also. Ryan was really surprised. We still have a picture to hang on the right side of the bed to even that out, but I'm really loving this room now. Now if I can convince him to get new dressers......
Pic 6: My booze!! We went to the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic school fundraiser with Rob and Molly (Rob had bought a table) and Iwas bidding on a lot. I didn't intend to get BOTH baskets, but I ended up with one because I was bidding while keeping on eye on who was bidding against Rob for a painting he loved. Then they took the sheet away before I could scratch my bid off. So we are daiquiri, margarita, and cosmopolitan stocked!!!
Other than all that, life is pretty much the same. Ryan has his drills, we are still loving Ms. Mandi's, kids are adjusting fairly well and now are defying both of us instead of just Ryan, and Ellie is....well....Ellie. We still have a love hate relationship, me and her. :) I'm really excited for this summer when we get to see you all! I'll make sure to take pics of little girl's monkey party and put some up here as well. Should be a good time!

Love you all! Miss you lots!
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment